I had an interview today. It's a job that I want. Badly. I have another job, so I'm trying to remain calm and remind myself to meditate and recognize that the right thing will come of whatever happens. But damn. I want this job.
I was told recently that want is a strong word. I have always heard that 'hate' is a strong word. But want?
So I'm driving to the interview and I got butterflies. The kind that you get when you like someone. Being acutely aware of my body, I recognized the similarity and started comparing a first interview to a first date.
*On paper we are a good match.
*I think this would be a good step forward in my journey
*I'm a confidant, educated, well-spoken, and "get things done" kinda gal. Everyone said, and I would agree, that they would be lucky to have me.
And I think it's this mentality that makes me a hard date...I mean interview.. How do you tell someone, modestly, that you're a good catch? That you work hard and are easily trained?
Especially when there are 11 other candidates who are equally confidant in this match.
OMG. Everything in life can be related to "The Bachelor".

Vienna and Allie fought for the right to be Jake's Co-pilot on The Wings of Love,
So it would seem that I'm like Allie in most of my life. I try to let my charm and networking lead me to where I'm 'supposed to be'. But in this instance, when I WANT this job, I'm going to have to be like Vienna. Put myself forward assertively and passionately, without mercy or apology.
I will not, however, slut myself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment