10. Newport Market Fresh Kroger Grand Opening. Fresh produce without having to wear kevlar is something I bet some of you take for granted.
9. Hood River, OR. Ann-Ho's a housewife. And I have been white water rafting. (And I can add WA to my list of states visited. Who cares if it was only to raft. It was a 6 hour ordeal, and I developed a crush on a local. It totally counts).
8. Reds win the division. Make the playoffs. Lose in epic proportions. Still played long enough that I didn't have to feign interest in crappy football.
7. I reminded myself I'm capable of love and that I deserve it. Not a version of it that my be perceived as love, but the real thing.
6. Ellie, Emme, Kaitlyn, Stephen, Addie, Jack, Tyler, Anthony, Simon, and 10 more friends with babies on the way. Few things better than beautiful smart people having beautiful smart babies. Those are the ones that should be breeding. Not the idiots that feed their children drain-o. I look forward to a chance to watch these new friends grow into beautiful smart adults.
5. My new home. Hosting dinner parties. Watching my own tv. Not watching tv. Getting back into pleasure reading. Hosting my first Christmas Party without keg stands.
4. 13.1
3. I quit my job with nothing ahead of me. Scary, yes. But blissful.
2. My niece, Friendly, in her show stopping performance as the ever popular Christmas Raccoon.
1. Emma Charles Koehl. Charley. Chicken. 2/18/10; 4 lbs. 2 oz. Perfection. That's the way you spell it.
I complain a lot about the crap going on in my life here in my private, public diary. May this list remind us all that few things matter more than those moments that shape us for better or worse. And noticing those moments while we're in them and holding on to the lessons they present is the foundation for greatness. And if you can do that, each year gets greater and greater. So bring it 2011. Bring it will all the greatness you can muster.
Until then with MUCH love,
gage~
No comments:
Post a Comment