At the start of this year my employer said this would be a relatively slow year. Then they added another implementation. So he didn't lie he just changed his mind. I took a few days off in August but the short weeks proved more stressful than the long weekends were relaxing. In one month we implement. I'm not really stressed so much as it seems there's no end in site. My alarm went off and the first thing I said today was "I don't want to go in today. I'm coming straight home and I'm not running today".
When I started this job my running took a turn. I still ran, but it was really a half assed effort and something that got me away from the group when traveling. It was a break from my reality. This job is stressful in that it never ends. So for a year I have watched my blood pressure creep up along with my weight. nothing crazy or alarming. Creeping.
5 weeks ago I promised myself that I would wake up BEFORE work and work out two times a week. I have also started running for speed not distance.
Today at the doctor my blood pressure was found to be back to normal with the project only three weeks away!
Moral of the story? I promise that every day I'll wake up and believe that something amazing will happen. And I'll run to find it if I have to. And you? Get moving. Your family needs you...not your old waistline.
And the project will soon be over and I'll soon thereafter be in Jamaica. rounding third and headed for home!

No comments:
Post a Comment