Monday, April 4, 2011

To Whom it May Concern...and that should be you.

Dear Mr. President (cc: US House of Representatives and Senate),

Shame on you. As the leader of this country in the midst of multiple crises, how dare you announce your candidacy on the same day the idea that there may be a government shut down? As a leader, you have now modeled a behavior that will open the flood gates for campaign announcements and an entire shift of focus from the problems at hand. Encourage your Senators and Congress to work together. Yes, I understand 'this isn't your mess'. But it is my reality, my world, and my failing education system and weak dollar. Do something. Anything. Look busy, when I walk by your desk. You signed up for this (and apparently are trying to sign up for it again). How incensed it makes me that when an election comes around posture, popularity, and..well, politics, takes precedent over the needs of the community. And you threaten a government shut down if the spending and budget debate does not get resolved; yet, isn't that basically what happens the two months before and after each election? Perhaps I exaggerate for effect, but it certainly doesn't seem that way. Do something. Anything.

And I'm curious how you justify raising MILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars for this campaign. Money that could be put towards...actually, I'm not even going to start writing that list. It's endless. Do Something. Anything.

I understand that you are not the first President to act in this way. It's simply how we're set up. It's just so visible right now. Now in a time when wars, hunger, corruption, natural disasters, and failing education and financial systems are simply the broad scope of everything that ails us right now. And I know it's not just you. It's everyone involved both sides of the isle, and those who pretend to have their own isle. But run with the dogs and you'll get fleas. I beg of you, heard those cats, lead this great nation, as Commander and Chief...Please. Do something. Anything.

With MUCH love,
ghg~


Editor's note: This is not to incite riot among my politically aggressive friends...you know who you are...I do not blame anyone in particular for the state of this mess. I do, however, blame everyone. And since I started writing this, Mr. Obama announced that they are going nowhere until this thing is resolved. But, I remain pessimistic when we have for the past two years maintained a government where people say "NO!" based solely on who asks the question. Compromise must exist in a country based on the premise that we are ONE country under God...right now it seems like there are three...the right, the left, and those of us actually working to move this country forward in our daily lives as workers and citizens. ~ (My next post I'll talk about getting drunk or babies or something lighter...promise).

No comments:

Post a Comment