
I went back and checked out all my statuses that had to do with my running journey. I found it as a interesting point of closure to be able to look back on the whole ride. And so I present them here.
Note: The first status I found was mid September. Some key events prior are as follows...
...July 18th my friends got me drunk and I agreed to a 1/2 marathon. I do not hyperbolize here. That's how it happened. Fact.
...August 16th I started training. It was suggested that you should be able to run 3 miles before diving in. Technically I could run 3 miles. It's just that I had only done it a few times. Twice actually. Two times exactly I ran 3 miles without stopping. But at any rate I started running according to Hal's suggestion.
...September 18th I reached out to my Facebook family for support and, admittedly, a little extrinsic praise. Still at this point of my journey I wasn't really running the whole distances but I was completing the mileage. And my challenge became apparent. 13.1 miles is a lot. Oh and I didn't like running 4 without stopping.
Hillie Gaither 4 miles. one pit stop, three walking breaks, one nearly disasterous stumble, one random shoe left on the side of the road. 4 miles.
September 18 at 1:29pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither Negative split a 6 mile run...I can see Eric and Keith shaking their heads...
September 20 at 7:52pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither 7 miles. I wasn't pretty. 7 miles. (aaaand....cue Halida Hatic)
Hillie Gaither Heading to Chicago to celebrate 30 beautiful years of Ashley Hedges and cheer on my big brother ( Carter Gaither the Unstoppable Running Machine) in the marathon! It will be a whirl wind trip, and can't wait can't wait!
Hillie Gaither I will run today. I will run today. Facebook will hold me accountable. I will run today.
October 12 at 8:06am · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither I'm not afraid of you anymore 5 miles...nope, not me.
October 15 at 6:58pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither Lessons in running...Do NOT eat 17 lbs of Janie Gowland Mahoney's pumpkin chip bread before running 7 miles. You WILL want to puke. (for the record though, I didn't puke, and I did run 7 miles with out stopping, and Brenda and I ate more bread when we were finished...)
Hillie Gaither wasn't fast. wasn't far enough. but it's done in time for me to get to the girls. 4.5 miles.
October 19 at 4:38pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither Sustained an injury 12 days out of the race.
October 25 at 7:56am · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither Progress.
October 25 at 7:13pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither Judgement day...fingers crossed.
October 29 at 8:03am · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither 2 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 1 at 5:32pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither Race week. Let the carbo-loading commence.
November 1 at 12:59pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither 2 miles. no traffic lights, one dead cat, one cat call, slow pace, feeling great. 2 miles.
November 3 at 5:54pm · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither 24 hours from now...i'll be half way there:)
Friday at 9:20am · Comment · Like
Hillie Gaither 13.1. lauths wedding. peirces wedding. lizs wedding. colts. family (yay!) Martha Ellen Talyor's cowbell (what a treat!!!). people on porches with coffee-jealous. family. cool coke building that otto and i talked about for a while. 1/2 way there. family (much needed). Liz's church. Thurstons house. home stretch. circle. Finish line. 2:31.05. 13.1 miles
Yesterday at 2:49pm · Comment · Like

I look like I'm not moving...which, interestingly, is about how I feel...
Great Job Gageby!!! I am so glad to be apart of this time in your life! And the Clock is wrong! You never told anyone that you made your goal in 2:31:05!!!!! and you ran the entire way!!! and you were never wheeled of by a medic!!!
ReplyDeleteSooooo Proud!!!
XOXOX