
My office culture is unique. We all run around town only to briefly cross paths in the office. We have many new friends on staff and it's become apparent that we all love food. Probably 90% of all conversations start with..."you know who has good..." or "have you ever had...". Grilled cheese, burgers, pizza are all common place in our conversations, but the most consistent chat revolves around French Fries.
Yesterday I noticed on nky.com (or prized source of news here) that there was news that Wendy's will be getting new fries. Fresh-cut and sea salted. I'm so excited. I posted to my FB this great news and the buzz was overwhelming. Both in my virtual and actual life. Unfortunately I found out that we won't get any locally until December (at the earliest) but the fry chatter wouldn't stop. And so, a few of us took a field trip and headed out to Wendy's to remind ourselves of the original fry. On our way there we talked about what makes a good fry and how we should start judging some of these. It became overwhelming quickly. But here's what we decided...it's going to be hard to pick a favorite because something like this is so subjective, but we will try our best to report what the fries are like in various places across town. I will of course share my opinion and some comments from the gals, but ultimately this is just going to be a journey to try some new places and become an expert of sorts. I welcome suggestions (on both fry preferences and where to get some great ones...or maybe where do you think the fries suck? We kinda want to try those too). All of this, of course will lead to a live blogging of the Wendy's sea salted fresh cut reveal.
So here is goes.
Fry-day #1. Bryna, Kelly, Rachel, and Hiliie.
Wendy's Newport, Grand Ave.
When I got there, several fries were already lined up under the heat lamp. didn't think that bode well. I found the fries to be mostly crispy and consistent (only a couple were soggy). They taste the same and still crispy when they are cold, although admittedly way better when they're hot. The potato is pretty good, although it leaves a weird starchy after-taste. Wendy's lacks alternative dipping sauces, unless you count a frosty...which I do. Today's batch were super salty and lack any other seasoning. (Bryna and I had to drink tons of water when we got back.) All in all, above average for fast-food, but still tons of room for improvement.
I love the fries, but mostly enjoyed the conversation with the ladies.
Until next Fry-day,
ghg~
No comments:
Post a Comment