Friday, January 16, 2015

Wellness Gage - Away We Gooooooooooo

I'm not a competitive person. I'm a competitor. But if you need to win, go ahead. I don't want to ruin the day because you're going to be grumpy if you lose. I guess you could say I always root for the party but I have never had a fire. This has both helped and hindered me over the years in various aspects of my life, but for better or worse it's me.

So how do I create a focus to work towards success? 

I'm not a skinny person. I have always wanted to be but really the "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is the biggest load of crap I have every heard in my life. I can think of endless things that taste better than that. Ever had the duck fat tater tots at The Merchant in Nashville? Yeah. I have.To be clear, I am not not necessarily fat either. But I guess you could say I'd rather party and when you diet I feel like I'm missing out on the party. This has both helped and hindered me over the years in various aspects of my life, but for better or worst it's me.

So how do I find a balance between my desire to look skinny naked and the want to have wine and duck fat tater tots? 

I am not a wife or a mom. I have always hoped to be but being a single professional woman is the reality of my identity right now.  If don't take the trash out it doesn't get taken out. I work my ass off for self-preservation and this is sometimes manifested as selfishness. This has both hindered and helped me over the years in various aspects of my life, but for better or worse it's me.

So how can I connect to a community that holds me accountable for relationships while maintaing my self-value? 

All of these questions are subjective and intended for me to reflect on my life's journey. And really a journey to what or where is also subjective. Where you're going and how you get there very often is driven by where you have been but we have to be willing to recognize the challenges and fight thru them to get to where we can be our best self and member of families and communities. There is no right answer. There's only you and your perspective of where you stand now compared to where you want to go.

So how would you answer those questions? And are these even the same questions you need to ask yourself? Perspective establishes the goals, motivation, and philosophy that gets you moving forward.

I am excited to announce that I am starting a new chapter in my personal journey and now a Beach Body Independent Coach! If you are looking for way to set goals, work for a balanced personal and nutritional wellness, and be a part of a wonderfully supportive and inspiring community, I invite you to join me on my journey.


 Follow Wellness Gage on FB: https://www.facebook.com/wellnessgage

www.beachbodycoach.com/greatgageby
www.myshakeology.com/greatgageby


Be well,

Gage~





No comments:

Post a Comment