
Dec 19th I will say farewell, au revoir, adieu, good riddance to some of my oldest frienemies. This December, I am having a mammoplasty (shhh-that means breast reduction...). Ta-Ta tatas!!!*
Various emotions are running through me as it has taken a year and half and three attempts to get this approved by my insurance. Excitement, relief, joy, victory. But then there are some other realities that are hard to escape. Like how this is major reconstructive surgery. And I don't know what it's like not to have really big boobs. But like so many other transitions in life I look forward to this change with excitement, fear, hope...but no regret.
Today I was in yoga trying to do a flow-something I cannot do because my boobs are so bit that my arms have to...it's hard to explain, but basically I can't lower myself down because arms and boobs can't occupy the same necessary space it takes to perform an integral step in the flow. And I thought...soon I will be able to do this soon!!!! When then of course led my mind off onto a tangent. What else am I looking forward to about this? What will I miss? What won't I miss. And I bring you my list created in 75 minutes of sweaty sweaty awesome mind clearing yoga.
Things I look forward to with...ahem...less in the way:
Shopping off the rack
Bikinis
One sports bra
Fewer trips to the chiropractor (he's adorable, I'll still probably go all the time)
Sleeping on my stomach
Sleeping on his stomach (speaking from broad and distant memories...not eluding to another secret...sorry)
Bridesmaid dress shopping
Eating powdered doughnuts
Things I will miss without the friends on front:
Holding sleeping babies
Being able to tell people they have a big nose when they point out the obvious to tell me that I have big boobs.
aaaand...that's it.
Things I won't miss.
Most of it.
All of it.
I can't fucking wait.
So I hope you can join me for my Ta-ta Tatas* party as I say so long to camisoles and welcome a new physical me to match this amazing internal strength I've been working on lately!
Until then, with MUCH love,
ghg~
***Shout out to R-dub on the development of the ta ta to tatas theme...***
No comments:
Post a Comment