Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Run...


...and sometimes it doesn't!!!!******


I had the longest day today. Work at 6a until 630p. And worst yet, in the second class I taught, I had a type of learner that I have never experienced before. Without publicly bashing this person, let's just say that they admittedly knew a lot about the policy and procedure of what I was teaching, but NONE of the functionality. An odd combination. Usually it's the other way around. Made for a long long long distracted class. On my way home I knew I had to run. Hadn't been out there since Saturday and just needed to clear my head before I have to turn around to be at work again tomorrow from 6a-5p.

Besides, it's National Running Day and I sorta feel like I deserve to be out there. But most impressively, I wanted to be out there. Not only was I tired mentally, but I had been on my feet in dress shoes for that entire shift. But I came home and immediately laced up my new gymmers and hit my short route.

3 miles. Nothing crazy. Certainly nothing fast. Physically those three were comparable with the final three of the Mini. Calves in knots, back aching, feet not used to the shoes. Miserable.

Mentally I was bullet proof. And that will luckily be what I remember to be the result of the run. It was a great one.

So why do I run? Probably because every day the answer is different.

Hope you had a chance to get out there today. It was an amazing...AMAZING...night on the river...until I ran past the stadium and saw that we were already losing. There will be more runs past the stadium...

...until then, with MUCH love,
ghg~


*****please note that is not my actual badge and response to the question. Have you ever known me to be so short winded? That's from www.runningday.org****

No comments:

Post a Comment