Sunday, March 13, 2011

Procrastination Station


I've been catching up on some blogs from the week and I'm noticing that a lot of the blogs I follow have a theme post? Or maybe it's a motif? Or maybe it's a template for a particular style or maybe...I'm not sure what the blog scientist call it, but it's a type of post that repetitive to give your readers something to remember. Or not. These formats are most often used to allow the blogger to write short observations. Or at least, that's what I notice. Perhaps best explained by example.

The Best Part uses 'Observations and Revelations', The Basset Case uses 'Awkwards and Awesomes', and The Sassy Curmudgeon uses (among others) "TFI...WTF?!?!?"

So I often have snippets, one liners, quips, gripes, hilarity, and just dumb crap I see. My mind works exclusively in judgement bearing and self-deprecating sentiments. And so I now present to you the first dose of..."Seriously."

*There's a new el camino in the neighborhood giving rival to my neighbor who parks his beauty on the street and stars at the engine all day long. I pray that one day God will answer my prayers and the two will be parked side-by-side with the owners looking under their respective hoods so that I may sing my 'El Camino' Song. "The the front is for kissing and the back is for a ....OH!"
*It's 60 outside and people are walking around in tank-tops. And by people I mean those people who should cover their arms when it's 107.
*The first guy in line at the Mac Store to get the new iPad was a 30 year old man wearing jeans entirely too small for his body who was reading a zombie novel.
*It's March. Basketball is at its peak. Baseball is just warming up and sports fans across the country are frothing at the mouth defending the glory. This is the only time of year that we can get away with subjective statements like, "The Reds are going to win the World Series and Ohio State will lose in the first round by 40 points". And the only thing we can all agree on is that Billy Packer is a turd.
*I met a guy through a friend recently and yesterday he, upon finding out I was single, jubilantly hugged me" That's the best news! I'm so glad to meet a smart girl who's actually single. I'll call you later and we'll hang out tomorrow". Listen, buddy. Clean off those rose-colored Ray-Ban hipster frames your wearing so you can look me clear in the eye. We will never date. Not in a house, not with a mouse.

So that's that for now. I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. And until then, with MUCH love.

ghg~

1 comment:

  1. Love seriously. Love it. Sounds like you met your husband, i mean the el camino drivers, not the guy who hugged you.

    ReplyDelete