"Oh, you're fine. Still some swelling, but you're good." He stopped, looked around-so to speak, and said, "no restrictions, you look great".
3 weeks post-op and I'm cleared for exercise with no restrictions. First reaction was obviously to be super pumped. But then I got nervous. What will it be like? What if I'm still a terrible runner. What if my excuse of having to pin the girls down wasn't actually the problem? I have been walking a bit. Truth is that not only have I not been working out for three weeks...but I haven't really been consistent since October.
So the coward in me decided to ease back in...this coming weekend. But I set a deadline. Saturday yoga. Sunday run. boom.
Today I was walking Cros and it was so cold out that we had to run. No choice. So, our typical walk turned into a quick jog around the block. Nothing crazy and certainly nothing far. I was right, I am more out of shape than anything, but I'll tell you this. It felt great, and I'm reminded that I love to run in the cold.
Bring it. Ready to get back to the grind! No excuses!
Alright that's it. No pictures, no moral...just wanted to let you all know that I'm still pretty happy about my decision:)
ghg~
No comments:
Post a Comment